Stripe, the company that processes Dasher pay, is requiring DoorDash to use a new account type for all future Dasher payments.
This change will make payments more accurate and reliable. It will also let DoorDash provide Dashers with new features like Instant Pay (details coming soon).
Why we need additional account details
Stripe needs additional information to comply with federal regulations. Dashers need to provide their name, home address, social security number, and a picture of a government-issued photo ID.
Your information is secure. DoorDash doesn’t store sensitive information like your license or social security number. Stripe, our payments provider, has bank-level security.
Deadline: May 31
All Dashers must submit the required information by May 31 to avoid any payment interruptions.
How to Submit your Information
1. Go to the Earnings section of the Dasher mobile App. Tap “Update Information”
2. Tap the large, red camera button. Take a photo of your government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport). Submit the image.
3. Enter your personal information and submit.
- Legal Name, Address, and Date of Birth are needed to confirm your identity
- Social Security Number is also needed to confirm your identity. We don't permanently store your SSN, which is why we need this information again.
- Home Address. This address doesn't need to match your ID.
4. Enter your bank Account Number and Routing Number (available on a check provided by your bank, or on your online bank account).
It may take Stripe 2-3 days to confirm your information. You will still receive pay normally during this time.
Did you experience an error?
- A majority of errors are caused by incorrect information. Please make sure there aren't any typos and try again.
- If you've entered the information twice and it's still not working, get assistance at: https://www.doordash.com/help/