Welcome to Sunny Los Angeles!
Signing Up to Be a Dasher?
We are accepting dasher sign ups for the following modes of transportation: car, scooter, motorcycle, and bicycle*!
*Bicycle deliveries are currently only available in Downtown Los Angeles and Westwood! Stay tuned for additional launch locations! :)
Office Hours and Location
- Los Angeles Office: 1012 S Robertson Blvd, Suite A, Los Angeles, CA 90035
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Sunday : Orientations are by appointment-only, please refer to your personal online application to view available times.
- Office Support Hours: 2:15 PM - 4:45 PM
- Drive Onboarding Hours: 2:15 PM - 4:445 PM
- ***OFFICE CLOSED 5/28/18 IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY***
- LA Valley Office: 19737 Ventura Blvd #202, Woodland Hills, CA, 91364
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: Orientations are by appointment-only, please refer to your personal online application to view available times.
- Office Support Hours: 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Drive Onboarding Hours: 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- ***OFFICE CLOSED 5/28/18 IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY***
Delivery pay is calculated as $1 + 100% of tip + pay boost. The pay boost amount will vary based on a variety of factors including the complexity of the order, distance to the restaurant, and orders you place yourself. Through our tests, we found that most Dashers will earn more money on average with this new model. For more information regarding the New Dasher Pay Model, please visit our Dasher Pay Model FAQs page.
Please reach out to us at doordash.com/help if you have any questions.
Los Angeles: Know someone who could be a great dasher? Dashers earn extra money for every dasher referred, so send in-app invites to your friends and have them apply! Currently in Los Angeles, the bonus for the referrer is $500.00, the referee will also receive $50. Bonuses are paid out after the referred dasher completes 120 deliveries within the first 60 days of applying.
LA Valley: Know someone who could be a great dasher? Dashers earn extra money for every dasher referred, so send in-app invites to your friends and have them apply! Currently in LA Valley, the bonus for the referrer is $150.00, the referee will also receive $50. Bonuses are paid out after the referred dasher completes 120 deliveries within the first 60 days of applying.
DoorDash Drive orders:
With DoorDash Drive, restaurants can use DoorDash to request a Dasher to deliver orders to their customers directly.
Eligibility. DoorDash Drive Eligibility Requirements (which are viewable in the Ratings section of your Dasher app):
You must have completed at least 100 lifetime deliveries;
Your customer rating must be 4.5+; and
Your completion rating must be 90%+
Upon qualifying for DoorDash Drive, an invite will be sent to you via your Dasher app.
Payment. A guaranteed minimum is displayed upfront for every Drive order. Dashers will earn base pay + 100% of tips. If the base pay + tip is less than the guaranteed minimum offered, Dashers will receive the guaranteed minimum amount. If the base pay + tip is greater than the guaranteed minimum, Dashers will receive base pay + tip.
In Los Angeles, we are currently testing a variable base pay based on a variety of factors that can result in higher pay for certain deliveries. Dashers will continue to see a guaranteed minimum upfront for every Drive order.
More information on DoorDash Drive, including pay details, is available here.
Market Operating Hours and Hotspots
- All Los Angeles:
- Monday - Sunday, 6:30am - 1:30am
Hotspots are where DoorDash expects orders to be placed. Dashers are more likely to receive an order if they are closer to the store from which a customer orders.
- Brentwood: Bundy x Sawtelle Blvd (near Wilshire or Santa Monica Blvd)
- Westwood: Westwood Blvd x Ohio Ave
- Santa Monica: Wilshire or Arizona Ave x 14th Ave
- Culver City: Motor Ave x Venice Blvd
- Venice: Abbot Kinney Blvd, Ralph's Parking lot Lincoln x California
- Beverly Hills: Beverly x Wilshire, Canon Dr x Santa Monica Blvd and Wilshire
- Manhattan Beach: Manhattan Beach Village
- Torrance / Palos Verdes: Hawthorne x Silver Spur
- West Hollywood: Highland Ave. x Fountain Ave
- Silver Lake: Hyperion x Fountain Ave
- Sherman Oaks: (Moorpark x Hazeltine). Anywhere near Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks
- Studio City / Burbank: Vineland Ave / Burbank Blvd
- Downtown LA: Spring St x 6th St
- Pasadena: Lake Ave / Colorado Ave
- Glendale: Brand / Broadway
- Calabasas-Tarzana: Anywhere near Ventura Blvd.
- Thousand Oaks - Agoura Hills: Ventura Blvd.
Merchants can now deliver alcohol through DoorDash in the Los Angeles market! Please take a few moments to look through the alcohol delivery page to make sure you fully understand the process.
At times, you may get orders containing alcoholic beverages. The following information is intended to help you lawfully deliver alcohol. Please note that you could be held liable if you deliver alcohol to a minor or someone who is visibly intoxicated, so it's important that you follow this process fully to protect yourself and the customer.
I. AGE AND ID VERIFICATION
When an order contains alcohol, the law requires you to verify the age of the customer before you hand over the alcohol. You can only deliver alcohol if the customer is 21 years of age or older.
To verify age, ask the customer to see a valid ID. Check every customer’s ID every time, even if the customer clearly appears to be over 21. A valid ID must include a photograph and date of birth. For example, acceptable forms of ID may include:
A valid driver's license issued by federal, state, county, or municipal government.
A valid passport.
An identification card issued by the Armed Forces of the United States that contains the name, date of birth, description, and picture of the person.
Next, make sure the ID is not invalid or fake:
- Check the expiration date. Do not accept an ID that is expired.
- Ask to remove the ID from the wallet.
- Compare the customer at the door to the photo in the ID. Examine facial features: are the height, eye shape, ear and nose shape or placement similar? Ignore weight, hair and makeup as these may change.
- Feel the edges of the ID - a legitimate ID will have smooth, uniform edges. A fake ID may have rougher edges and perhaps may be coming apart.
- Look for glue lines or bumpy or uneven surfaces. A real ID’s surface should be consistent.
II. CHECK FOR INTOXICATION
Do not deliver alcohol if the customer is visibly intoxicated. The dictionary defines intoxication as the condition of being drunk.
Here are some steps to help determine if a person is intoxicated.
- Physical Signs of Intoxication
- Look for glassy or bloodshot eyes. Also look for droopy eyes or if someone clearly has difficulty keeping their eyes open.
- Notice how the person smells. If you notice that the person’s breath or clothes smell of alcohol, this may be an effective tell-tale sign of intoxication.
- Watch for impaired motor function. Intoxicated people can’t perform normal tasks in the same way they would if they were sober. If someone is having trouble walking in a straight line or is fumbling with objects, this may be a sign that they are intoxicated.
Signs of Behavioral Intoxication
- Look for a person’s inhibitions becoming lowered. Some people who are visibly intoxicated exhibit louder behavior than usual or may make inappropriate comments.
- Watch out for a person that is slurring their speech.
- Notice if someone is speaking slower or faster than usual.
III. RESTRICTED LOCATIONS
Do NOT, under any circumstances, deliver alcohol to the following locations:
- Public or private school (K-12) (e.g. an elementary school);
- College campus (e.g. a frat house);
- Prison, reformatory, veterans’ home, or state capitol grounds;
- Locker or similar package storage service (e.g. a storage facility); or
- Business that sells alcohol (e.g. liquor store).
Lastly, use your judgment. If you have any doubts about the ID, the customer, or encounter a situation in which it does not seem reasonable to deliver alcohol (e.g. there is a party with minors present), do not complete delivery and contact support.
Please see the Deactivation Policy here for more information. Dashers who fall below the listed thresholds may be subject to deactivation.
Minimum Rating: 4.5
Minimum Completion Rate: 80%