DOORDASH INSTAGRAM INFLUENCER SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of DoorDash, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Instagram, Influencer (defined below), Small Girls PR LLC (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC.
2. How to Enter: Participants can enter the Sweepstakes during each 24-hour period following an Influencer’s (hereinafter defined) post announcing the sweepstakes. “Influencer” means each of the following individuals: (1) Raffinee Esquivel, with the Instagram username @Raffinee, (2) Jennifer Henry-Novich with the Instagram username @JenniferHenryNovic, (3) Chris Lin + Brock Williams with the Instagram username @YummerTime, (4) Pegah Massoudifar with the Instagram username @TheYummyPlant, and (5) Timothy Cheung with the Instagram username @BayArea.Foodies. Each Influencer will make one post announcing the sweepstakes. To enter, complete the steps as instructed below for either of the following methods of entry during the Sweepstakes Period:
a. Instagram Method of Entry:
(i) Log-in or join Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ and set your account to “public” (joining Instagram is free);
(ii) Follow @doordash on Instagram;
(iii) Follow one of the Influencers identified by name and Instagram handle above;
(iv) Leave a comment on the Influencer’s post announcing the Sweepstakes and tag a friend in your comment.
b. Email Method of Entry: The Sweepstakes may also be entered by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line of “Instagram Sweepstakes” and include your name, email address, and address.
By submitting an entry as instructed through either of the above methods (“Submission”), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions below. Sponsor or Administrator may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON DURING SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. Any attempt to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions: Your Submission must (i) not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information; (ii) be your original creation and be owned 100% by you; (iii) not violate any third-party rights; and (iv) comply with all requirements of these Official Rules.
If participating in this Sweepstakes via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers, and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
Important: Sponsor or Administrator may not be able to communicate via Instagram features if entrant does not “follow” or otherwise connect his or her account with Sponsor’s account. Neither Sponsor nor the Released Parties (defined below) are responsible for changes to Instagram, including any Instagram functionality, that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes period consists of five (5) 24-hour periods in November and December of 2018; the 24-hour periods commence at the time of each Influencer’s Instagram post announcing the sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account through which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: Within one week of each Influencer’s post announcing the sweepstakes, Administrator will select the name of one potential winner of a prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Submissions. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In total, five potential winners will be selected.
Each potential winner will be notified via email, direct message, or a message replying to the comment within one week of the Influencer’s post announcing the sweepstakes. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor or Administrator may require each potential winner to sign and return, by a specified return date, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a winner (i) is determined to be ineligible or the notification is returned is returned as undeliverable, (ii) fails to respond to the initial verification message within one (1) week of notification or after three (3) attempts (whichever occurs first), (iii) fails to provide an email address associated with a valid DoorDash account within one (1) week of receipt of notification regarding prize winning, or (iv) fails to sign and return all requested documents, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and/or tax form, by the specified return date, the winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be announced based upon a random drawing of the other eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Only three alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: Five winners will each receive $400 in DoorDash credit to be credited to the winner’s DoorDash account. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes: $400.
Prize Details and Restrictions: Credits can only be redeemed on DoorDash.com or on the DoorDash app with the latest version, and within DoorDash service areas and delivery hours. All deliveries subject to availability. To redeem, winner must have an active DoorDash account with payment information on file. Credit expires 6 months from the date of issue. Credits cannot be applied towards alcohol purchases. Credits are applied toward order subtotals (excluding gratuity and alcohol purchases). Credits may not be combined with any other offer.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, Instagram, Administrator, Influencer, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Sweepstakes, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor or Administrator for any purpose in connection with this Sweepstakes.
11. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn:Instagram Influencer Sweepstakes. Requests must be received no later than six months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: DOORDASH is a trademark of DoorDash, Inc. The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2018 by DoorDash, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE STATE AND LOCAL COURTS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA AND THE FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's or Administrator’s reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's or Administrator’s discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Sweepstakes or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
15. Sponsor: DoorDash, Inc., 901 Market St. Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94103.