Before you start dashing and doing deliveries, you'll need an iOS or Android smartphone.
- Download the app.
- Reserve a time slot in the app or use Dash Now. Check out the How to Schedule and How to Dash Now videos!
- Head over to the busy areas and sign in to start your dash.
- Check your app often for orders by refreshing your app.
- Need help on a delivery? Chat with DoorDash Support team by clicking the ? or HELP button on your app.
- Complete your delivery and head back to busy areas.
Read some of the helpful tips other Dashers have shared with us:
Bring your hot bag! – Hot bags keep food safe & fresh. Some merchants may refuse to give Dashers orders without seeing their hot bags - so remember to have it with you every time.
- Hang out in busy areas – To make the best use of your time, start your dash in a busy area with lots of restaurants nearby and head back once you finish your last delivery. This will help you get matched with more orders quickly.
- Dash at peak meal times – Lunch (11 AM - 2 PM) and Dinner (5 PM - 9 PM) are the busiest times. Dashing at these times increases your chances of getting more orders and earning more each time you dash!
- Keep customers informed – Texting or calling customers can help you get 5-star customer ratings, even if you're running late. Remember, not all customers use a mobile phone, so don't be afraid to give them a call and leave a voicemail.
- Double check all items during pickup – It's never fun to be stuck with a redelivery or with a poor customer rating. Count each item to ensure that what the customer ordered is what is in the bag, and ask the restaurant to double check the food for you if you're missing items.